SAARC Diploma Engineers Forum (SDEF)
SAARC Diploma Engineers Forum (SDEF) was established in 1998 and its’ first International Convention was held in Dhaka, Bangladesh in October 1998 which was inaugurated by Her Excellency Shiekh Hasina, the Hon. Prime Minister of Nagladesh. The Diploma Engineers in the SAARC countries are members of this organization and its’ current membership exceeds 1.4millions.
- Institute of Diploma Engineers, Bangladesh (IDEB)
- All India Federation of Diploma Engineers (AIFODE)
- Diploma Engineers Association of Nepal (DEAN)
- Pakistan Diploma Engineers Federation (PDEF)
- Institution of Incorporated Engineers, Sri Lanka (IIESL)
- Diploma Engineers Association of Bhutan (DEAB)
- Diploma Engineers of Maldives (DEM)
- To develop brotherhood among the Diploma Engineers in the SAARC countries
- Service to Humanity in Terms of Poverty Alleviation and Improved Living Standards
- To Exchange technical know-how, ideas, skills, experience etc in the engineering field among SAARC countries for the development of the individual countries as well as for the development of the region
- Human Resource Development
- To establish a common recognition, a dignified position for the Diploma Engineers in the SAARC countries.