WHAT IS IIESL ?
Institution of Incorporated Engineers, Sri Lanka (IIESL) established in 1977 as “All Ceylon Engineering Diplomates Association“, was transformed to a professional body under the name of “ Institute of Engineering Diplomates, Sri Lanka”, by an Act of Parliament(Act No. 64 of 1992). It was renamed with the present status as “Institution of Incorporated Engineers, Sri Lanka” by an Act of Parliament (Act No.11 of 2000). IIESL has a wide opening for personnel of all level in the field of Engineering Technology. Incorporated Engineers are the internationally recognised category of Engineers in the field of Engineering Technology, who effectively manage the construction, operation, maintenance and project management functions, by implementing appropriate technology.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO BECOME A MEMBER OF IIESL?
Please visit Becoming an Incorporated Engineer
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN CPD & SHORT TERM PROGRAMS?
The CPD and Short Term Programs are advertised in the IIESL News Letter and in IIESL Web site. You may contact the Executive Secretary IIESL (Tel 112887734) or Chairman Education and Training and request the details on Course contents, Course Fee, duration and dates, Venue, details of Resource Person etc. You may also get details by sending an E mail to the above officers on email@example.com
DOES IIESL HAVE FOREIGN BRANCHES?
Yes. IIESL has two overseas branches. One in Dubai, UAE and the other in Doha, Qatar.
WHAT ARE THE AVAILABLE FACILITIES AT IIESL HEAD OFFICE?
The Head office Building constructed at Udumulla, Battaramulla consists of IIESL Secretariat and Council Meeting Room. This Council meeting Room is available for hire where it has facilities to conduct training programmes. At present IIESL Toastmasters Meetings for IIESL Members are conducted there. There are plans to construct seven storied building in the same premises to accommodate an auditorium. Seminar rooms, Library in future. Once the construction is completed the Inco office will be housed in the same building.
WHAT IS SDEF (SAARC DIPLOMA ENGINEERS FORUM)?
SAARC Diploma Engineers Forum (SDEF) was established in 1998 and its’ first International Convention was held in Dhaka, Bangladesh in October 1998.SAARC Diploma Engineers Form consists of following Member Organisations.
- Institute of Diploma Engineers, Bangladesh (IDEB)
- All India Federation of Diploma Engineers (AIFODE)
- Diploma Engineers Association of Nepal (DEAN)
- Pakistan Diploma Engineers Federation (PDEF)
- Institution of Incorporated Engineers, Sri Lanka (IIESL)
- Diploma Engineers Association of Bhutan (DEAB)
- Diploma Engineers of Maldives (DEM)
The Objectives of the SAARC Diploma Forum are:
- To develop brotherhood among the Diploma Engineers in the SAARC countries
- Service to Humanity in Terms of Poverty Alleviation and Improved Living Standards
- To Exchange technical know-how, ideas, skills, experience etc in the engineering field among SAARC countries for the development of the individual countries as well as for the development of the region
- Human Resource Development
- To establish a common recognition, a dignified position for the Diploma Engineers in the SAARC countries.
WHO IS AN INCORPORATED ENGINEER?
Incorporated Engineers are specialists in the development and application of today’s technology, managing and maintaining applications of current and developing technology at the highest efficiency. With their detailed knowledge and understanding of current engineering applications, they possess the skills and know-how to make things to happen and often have key operational management roles. They have detailed understanding of a recognized field of technology and exercise independent judgement and management within that field. They add substantial value, independently and as leaders, to any organization where technology is a core activity or supports the business.
HOW TO GET A STALL AT INCO EXHIBITION?